Product Safety, REACH & CLP
The REACH regulation (EC) 1907/2006 outlines how chemical substances ≥ 1 t/a are to be marketed and used within the EU. Manufacturers, importers and downstream users must fulfil comprehensive legal obligations when marketing chemicals and mixtures, also when communicating within the supply chain.
We offer registrants and downstream users bespoke and solution-oriented support, starting from helping them to identify and implement their REACH obligations, including for example the registration of substances and preparation of exposure scenarios, ensuring all-round REACH conformity and marketability.
The CLP regulation (EC) 1272/2008 lays down the responsibilities of companies concerning the classification, labelling and packaging of chemicals and mixtures before placing them on the EU market. We take care that chemicals are classified, labelled and packaged appropriately and the safety data sheet (SDS) is prepared correctly.
Furthermore, article 45 and annex VIII, CLP, requires the notification of mixtures containing as hazardous classified substances, before they are placed on the EU market. Any such hazardous mixtures must be notified to the corresponding Appointed Body via the Poison Centre Notification Portal (PCN) of ECHA. ACA-pharma concept GmbH will consult you on all aspects concerning the submission of information of your hazardous mixtures. We help you to submit all necessary data to the authorities, be it for the whole of the EU or on a national level.
ACA-pharma concept GmbH will assist you in all matters to implement REACH and CLP correctly in your company. As ECHA is intensifying examinations of dossiers, we will also help you with completeness and quality checks of your existing dossiers to ensure that they fulfil the recent ECHA requirements.
Product safety and conformity
- • Identification of your legal rights and obligations
- based on your substance or product portfolio
- • Classification and labelling of substances
- and mixtures according to CLP
- • Product notification according to CLP
- • Competent Person training for SDS
- • SCIP notification
Authorisation under REACH
- • Communication with ECH
- • Data purchase from the licence holder/access
- • Preparation and adaption of documents/reports
- (i.e. CSR, analysis of alternatives, substitution plan,
- socio-economic analysis, dossier)
Registration of Chemicals as Lead or Co-registrant
- Verification of substance identity
- Preparation of inquiry, PPORD and registration dossiers; Communication with LEAD and ECHA
- Identification of data gaps; Study initiation and monitoring
- Cost Sharing according to EC 2016/9
- Preparation of exposure scenarios and risk assessment for humans and environment
UK-based companies have to notify the UK authorities (UK-HSE) whether they wish to continue to import their substances, mixtures and/or articles to the UK. They need to notify their intentions – “Downstream User Import Notification“ (DUIN) – until 27 October 2021 via the HSE portal.
Companies based in the EU/EEA need to sign up an UK-based company as an “Only Representative” (OR) to be able to fulfil their obligations according to the UK HSE regulations.
- Takeover of OR function
- DUI Notification via HSE portal until 27 October 2021
- Consultation on obligations according to UK HSE regulations e.g., classification & labelling
- Preparation of UK-REACH dossiers
Seminars & Webinars
Product notification according to CLP and ChemG – UFI as central product Identifier